- Lock all doors and windows when leaving for your vacation.
- Stop mail and newspaper delivery or have a friend or neighbor pick it up daily.
- Have a friend, family member or neighbor check your home periodically and water your plants.
- Set timers on interior lights to make it appear someones at home.
- Unplug electronic equipment and appliances such as toasters.
- Turn off water valves to your washing machine, dishwasher and ice maker.
- Let the police and/or alarm company know if you will be gone for an extended period of time. Many local areas now have vacation programs where the police will drive by your home and make sure your house is safe.
- Let your credit card company know you are traveling if going out of state to avoid any inconveniences in security checks or charges being declined.
- Have your yard mowed if gone longer than one week.
- Switch your AC thermostat to a higher fixed temperature to avoid higher utility bills.
Monday, July 25, 2011
SUMMER VACATION TIPS
As we are wrapping up those last minute summer vacations, here are a few tips to remember:
Posted by csi kitchen at 11:09 AM